Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day 2k14, Finals, and some pot

The semester is coming down to the wire.  People are stressed, everyone and their mother has a cigarette in their hand, and the lines at Starbucks are outrageous.

While in the library stressed out of my mind, I realized that it is inconveniently Earth Day.  Not really too sure what the hell this means, but I am pretty sure that we're supposed to plant a tree or something. It really is a shame that Earth Day has to fall during this part of the academic year because students are the only ones who really care about "Earthy" stuff enough to do anything of real value.

Luckily, Earth Day doesn't have to be one day a year, but it can be 365 days a year.  Not to sound redundant, but I do not know exactly what we are supposed to do on Earth Day, but I am pretty sure it has to do with helping the Earth. Not saying we should plant something everyday, but riding a bike, supporting local business's and throwing your trash out can probably go a long way.  A healthier Earth, is a healthier you!  Remember that there is only ONE Earth.  

On the subject of Earth, and natural things, Coors Field in Denver, Colorado, has prohibited the use of Marijuana while on their grounds.  Personally, I am a little pissed.  It was a lifelong dream of mine to sit down, light up a J, watch the best sport in the world, and be worry free of all my problems.  The fact that Coors (already a company I despise for a number of reasons) has taken this dream away from me really puts a damper on my day.  A day where production and efficiency was a must.  Sorry mom. Sorry Dad.  Sorry grades.  But Coors has ruined my day and my future dreams.  

Finals thoughts, if you take anything away from this sad excuse of a blog, remember to be "Earthy" more often, and Coors sucks.  




No comments:

Post a Comment