Friday, April 4, 2014

Goodbye CJ2k

Goodbye.

I knew this day was coming, but damn. Chris Johnson was owed a large sum of money throughout the next couple of years and it became a price my beloved Titans would not pay.

It all started six seasons ago when a skinny black dude with long, thick, danky-ass dreads ran the fastest 40 yard dash time in the history of the NFL Combine. When the Titans picked him late in the first round, I had virtually no clue who he was, considering he came out of East Carolina, a team from the (frantically Google searching)...oh, that's right, the powerhouse Conference-USA. I thought to myself, "Ok, why wouldn't any of the big schools want this kid?" Then I realized he was dumb as shit.
Well whatever, he seemed good, I was happy. VINCE YOUNG AND CHRIS JOHNSON RUNNING THE OPTION! Unstoppable. And besides ensuing suicidal thoughts and severe depression, they really were.

Johnson won his first 10 games in Tennessee thanks to stellar quarterback play from what seemed like a  future HOFer in Kerry Collins. Then came the 2,000 yard season in his second year and I thought we had ourselves an all-time great. Many people thought it was fluke, but I dismissed those comments 'cause he was cocky as hell, and wanted to always talk about how he was going to break the record.
He didn't break it.

He plateaued after '09 and never reached even 1,400 yards again. It's going to suck watching him play in another uniform next year, and if would somehow go to another team in the AFC South, I might jump off a bridge with Mr. Sandman (see Desean Jackson to Redskins).

The Titans are obviously looking good for next year, just like they would if a handicapped person was playing quarterback, they are ALWAYS looking good. They have to ride the backs of Shonn Greene, newly-signed Dexter McCluster, and battering-ram Jackie Battle to fill in the role Johnson is leaving. There are also talks of them drafting a similar running back to CJ, in Tre Mason. And by similar I mean his hair is also braided.

Once again, it's been real CJ, our team IQ will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment