Monday, April 7, 2014

R.I.P. Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney was always one of my favorite actors, consummate pro, made every movie he was ever in that much better because he was there.  Rooney was the ultimate showman.  While I am vividly aware of the fact that he was in much better movies I will always remember him for his role in The Black Stallion which was by far my favorite movie growing up (judge me).  Other movies that he is attributed to are the Fox and the Hound (classic) and Breakfast at Tiffany's (classic).  He was nominated for two Oscars for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Babes in Arms, The Human Comedy) and for two Oscars for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (The Bold and the Brave, The Black Stallion).  Rest in Peace Mr. Rooney, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment